Sustainable Destination: Seattle
LAF's 5th Annual Sustainable Destination Sweepstakes
Thanks to all who made donations and registerd to win this unique trip for two to Seattle.
The drawing was held Nov 17 at the ASLA Meeting in Boston. Prize package includes:
- Exclusive designer-led tours of 5 Seattle and 2 Bainbridge Island sites
- Roundtrip airfare to Seattle
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- All meals and ground transportation
- Tickets to “Explore Seattle” and “Woodinville Wine” tours
All proceeds support LAF’s research and scholarship programs.
Thanks to all who participated in the 2013 sweepstakes, raising over $10,000 for LAF’s research and scholarship programs. Miko Mikus, a MLA student at the University of Georgia in Athens, won the grand prize: a one-of-a-kind trip to Seattle, featuring tours of some of the city’s most acclaimed landscape architecture projects led by the designers themselves.
Miko and a guest will spend a full day touring sustainable sites in Seattle and one full day on Bainbridge Island. See full prize package details. Tour sites (and their designers) include:
- Gas Works Park (Rich Haag Associates)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters (Gustafson Guthrie Nichol)
- Olympic Sculpture Park (Weiss/Manfredi, Charles Anderson | Atelier ps)
- Bell Street Park (SvR Design Company, Hewitt)
- Woodland Park Zoo’s Zoomazium and Humboldt Penguin Exhibit (Mithun, Studio Hanson/Roberts)
- Bloedel Reserve public garden (Prentice Bloedel, Richard Hagg, Thomas Church, others)
- IslandWood environmental learning center (Mithun, Berger Partnership)
Special thanks to all of our sweepstakes sponsors for providing this unique prize package: Gustafson Guthrie Nichol ~ SvR Design Company ~ Mithun ~ EverGreen Escapes ~ AgriCurean Escapes ~ Northwest Playground Equipment ~ Sheraton Seattle Hotel ~ IslandWood.