LAF News Blog
Stay up to date on LAF!
To date, over 800 built environment professionals from around the world have signed LAF’s New Landscape Declaration, a new vision and 21st century call to action for landscape architecture. Have you signed?
By signing the Declaration, you join us in asserting the vital role of landscape architecture in solving the defining issues of our time: climate change, species extinction, rapid urbanization, and inequity. Together, we can amplify our voices at this critical time when the talents and services of the landscape architecture community are so vitally needed.
Here are some of the inspiring comments we’ve received:
- “It’s time to reinvigorate our profession with a new and bold vision that addresses the complex social, environmental and political challenges facing the planet.” — Jeffrey Hou, Seattle, Washington
- “As a landscape architect and environmentalist I believe our unique skill set is desperately needed. Especially now.” — Kerry Mattie, North Haven, Connecticut
- “Never has there been a more urgent need for us to join hands and walk in the same direction towards this complex common goal.” — Amy Rampy, Austin, Texas
- “The New Landscape Declaration is an eloquent call to action for the immediate and long future of our profession and our world. Every design decision needs to be made within its context.” — Ann Milovsoroff, Shelburne, Vermont
- “Landscape is our remedy for our sicknesses.” — Tiganila George, Bucharest, Romania
- “The need for interdisciplinary cooperation and vision has never seemed so urgent. As a profession people must engage at the policy level and also at the entertainment and political realm in new and innovative ways. We must show the value of landscape architecture as a means to better our communities and the environment of those communities and the natural areas within and around them.” — Ann English, Rockville, Maryland
- “What I connect with in this declaration, is it’s relevance to all corners of the globe. Let’s foster imaginative solutions that are tangible.” — Bernice Rumble, Salt Rock, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- “Let’s turn words into action and double down on our commitment to our field and to our shared future.” — Roberto Rovira, Miami, Florida
- “We have a collective vision, let’s share our collective tools, and achieve some collective goals faster for the sake of the planet.” — Brian R Nicholson, Denver, Colorado
- “As an ally, I am inspired by your thoughtfulness and heart. Please, please, landscape architects, carry on!” — Daisy Barquist, Baltimore, Maryland
Show your support by signing the New Landscape Declaration and sharing it with your colleagues, students, classmates, clients, and others. www.lafoundation.org/declaration
Subscribe to an RSS Feed for this post's comments, and find out when someone responds.