LAF News Blog
Stay up to date on LAF!
The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) invests in research and scholarships to increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability and cultivate the next generation of design leaders. Since 1986, LAF has awarded over $900,000 in scholarships to nearly 500 students and invested $1.8 million in research initiatives.
Thanks to the generous support of LAF’s donors and sponsors, the foundation accomplished the following in 2013:
- Awarded over $125,000 to students through scholarships, fellowships, and research assistantships.
- Recognized 67 new Olmsted Scholars, including the first undergraduate national winner.
- Published the 75th Landscape Performance Series (LPS) case study, documenting the environmental, economic, and social benefits of exemplary landscape projects.
- Awarded $22,500 to researchers to analyze the LPS and develop a guidebook on metrics and methods to evaluate landscape performance.
- Met with over 1,400 professionals through office visits, webinars, and conference presentations to increase awareness about landscape performance.
In 2014, LAF will build on this momentum with more scholarship awards, a new guidebook on evaluating landscape performance, a new webinar series, a new clearinghouse of teaching tools for landscape architecture faculty, and even more resources to help you design better and make the case for sustainable landscape solutions.
Consider investing in the Landscape Architecture Foundation in your year-end giving so that LAF can continue to deliver innovative programs and increase its impact at this critical time when the many services and talents of landscape architects are so vitally needed. Show your commitment and give back to the profession by making a tax-deductible contribution online, making an honor or memorial gift, or learn about the many ways to support the Foundation.
Subscribe to an RSS Feed for this post's comments, and find out when someone responds.