LAF News Blog
Stay up to date on LAF!
The 2012-2013 LAF Board of Directors began its term on September 28 at LAF’s Annual Board Meeting in Phoenix. Bill Main, Hon. ASLA of Landscape Forms took the reins as President, succeeding Lucinda Sanders, FASLA of OLIN, whose leadership was essential in helping the Foundation plan strategically for future growth. Jacinta McCann, FAILA of AECOM became President-Elect.
Nate Cormier, ASLA of SvR assumed a new role as Vice President of Communications with the four other officers continuing in their positions on the the leadership team:
- Vice President of Finance:
Mark Dawson, FASLA, Sasaki Associates
- Vice President of Development:
Gregg Sutton, ASLA, EDSA
- Vice President of Communication:
Nate Cormier, ASLA, SvR Design Company
- Vice President of Education:
Kristina Hill, PhD, Aff. ASLA, University of Virginia
- Vice President of Research:
Forster Ndubisi, PhD, ASLA, Texas A&M University
Kathy Garcia, FASLA of the City of Del Mar retired off the Board after five years of service, including a term as President in 2011 and two years as Vice President of Finance. Her legacy includes leading the organization during a time of significant restructuring and growth. Glenn Walters, ASLA of Design Workshop also left the Board after five years, and Jonathan Mueller, FASLA rotated off after twice serving in an Ex Officio capacity as an ASLA Representative.
Nine new Directors joined the LAF Board, bringing experience and insights from design firms, industry and academia. David Malda, LAF’s 2009 National Olmsted Scholar, was selected for the second of two recently created Director positions for past Olmsted Scholars. The Board also created a new Ex Officio position for the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA) Vice President of Research, currently held by Ming-Han Li. Welcome to the new Board members:
- Paul Bambauer, Ironsmith, Inc
- Ignacio Bunster-Ossa, FASLA, Wallace Roberts & Todd
- Christopher Fannin, HOK Planning Group
- Adam Greenspan, ASLA, PWP Landscape Architecture
- Ming-Han Li, PhD PE, PLA, Texas A&M University
- Susan Hatchell, FASLA, Susan Hatchell Landscape Architecture
- David Malda, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol
- Allyson Mendenhall, PLA, Design Workshop
- Laura Solano, ASLA, Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates
Through their vision, leadership, passion, and active engagement, Board members are directly responsible for the health and impact of LAF and its programs. Thanks to all for your commitment to serve and contributions toward achieving LAF’s mission!
Subscribe to an RSS Feed for this post's comments, and find out when someone responds.